STILA: IN THE GARDEN PALETTE and A SURPRISING NEW GREAT LIPCOLOR!

    101_0018101_0019101_0020
    As I may have mentioned many, many times before: I am a palette junkie. If someone puts out a palette then chances are I am going to check it out. Stila has been putting out some cute ones lately and the quality of their line has dramatically increased to when they were originally created by makeup artist Jeanine Lobell. The line is fun and carefree and this spring/summer the palette they came out with, called In The Garden, consists of 10 eyeshadows that reflect the attitude of spring color. It also comes with a Smudge Stick Waterproof eyeliner in Starfish (shimmery gray with gold). 

    The ten shadows are: chinois (matte cream), breeze (shimmery light taupe), bark (shimmery gray taupe), freesia (shimmery bluish purple), rosette (shimmery purple), nectar (fine shimmery vanilla), honey (shimmery gold), sage (shimmery light pale green), moss (shimmery greenish gold) and juniper (shimmery cool green). The palette is $39.00 and can be found in stores and online at www.stilacosmetics.com, www.sephora.com, www.ulta.com and www.beauty.com. The shadows are just as good as always: creamy and soft. Some are a little too soft and there is a little bit of fallout. But in general I am happy with the palette.

    101_0085101_0086101_0095101_0093101_0099101_0115101_0106101_0092101_0117
    Today I chose a smoky green look from the palette: I used bark in the crease, then moss also in the crease to give the eye more definition. Moss was also used on the outer lid and underneath the eye. I used sage on the lid and breeze underneath the brow. I used Make Up For Ever Aqua liner #3 Iridescent Emerald Green on the upper lid and Maybelline’s Great Lash Lots of Lashes mascara in black.On the cheeks I used Sue Devitt’s Studio Blush in Koh Samui.
    101_0083101_0084
    For lips I used a new lipcolor, Salma Hayek’s Nuance line lipstick in Shimmering Nude. I LOVE this color! Not only is it just about the perfect nude lipcolor with just a hint of shimmer to it but it is moisturizing and long lasting. I picked this up at CVS, where I believe the line is carried exclusively. I was not interested in any of the other colors but I really liked this one. As you can see on my lips it is a good nude tone.
    Source URL: http://makeupjunkee.blogspot.com/2012/01/stila-in-garden-palette-and-surprising.html
    Visit Makeup Junkie for Daily Updated Makeup Junkie Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment