MAYBELLINE DREAM NUDE AIRFOAM AND REVLON PHOTOREADRY AIRBRUSH FOUNDATIONS

    100_9720100_9721
    I am a big fan of Maybelline’s Dream Nude foundations. This line must be popular with many people since they keep adding to it with different types of foundations. I especially like the Dream Nude Mousse. So I was intrigued to find the new Dream Nude Airfoam. It is $10.99 at Walgreens without any specials this week. I purchased Porcelain Ivory since I am very fair. It has a SPF 16 sunscreen in it, but given that the sunscreen is chemical, I would not count on it for protection. Make sure to use a moisturizer or regular sunscreen with at least 30 in it underneath the foundation for the best protection.

    The second foundation I am going to review is the Revlon Photoready Airbrush foundation, which is an extension of their Photoready line that is very popular. I found this in 001 Vanilla at Wal-Mart for $10.48. Unlike the Maybelline foundation, the Revlon one doesn’t have an SPF in it (highly unusual these days) so you will definitely need to wear at least a 15 or higher when using this.
    100_9748
    Revlon on left, Maybelline on Right

    This morning, 12/30/11, I decided to use the Maybelline Dream Nude Mousse. The instructions are very specific: shake, hold can upright and dispense onto a tissue the first time. I didn’t follow them. I went ahead and dispensed onto my sponge. Because I have issues with my right hand I found it hard to press the applicator. I am not sure if this will be an issue with everyone. I doubt it. Anyway, I pressed and a HUGE amount of product came out. It was very light at first and then it oxidized into the right color for my skin. Actually, the very first amount of product that came out was white but I threw that away. I found the foundation easy to blend into the skin. I did not, however, have much coverage. This disappointed me.

    This afternoon I decided to try the Revlon Airbrush foundation. I must say that there is a major difference in this one. I shook it first and when it came out it was easier and the mousse was definitely less yellow. Also, there was less of it. For me, being slightly disabled right now, it is nice so that I don’t feel I am wasting so much product. When I applied it the mousse melded right into my skin and seemed to cover a little bit better than the Maybelline one.

    When you have a mousse foundation you cannot expect it to cover like a liquid, that is the most important thing to remember. Also, because it is aerated, it will not have as much product in the container and will not last as long as other foundations. That said, it is a nice change of pace to have a mousse foundation, similar to the ones that were around in the early 1990’s! I like the Revlon one better, as it has a better tone for my skin and better coverage. I would love to hear comments from you!

    Much more impressed with the Revlon than the Mayelline. Tried the Maybelline again today and had same results: a ton of foam came out and it was very yellowish on my skin.. Tried Revlon yesterday on full face and loved it, the foam was more neutral and I didn't need a lot of it for my face to cover the entire thing. I do like the Revlon better.
    Source URL: http://makeupjunkee.blogspot.com/2011/12/maybelline-dream-nude-airfoam-and.html
    Visit Makeup Junkie for Daily Updated Makeup Junkie Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment