SEPHORA PRISMA CHROME EYESHADOWS

    100_9703100_9688

    On a very brief trip to the mall yesterday I ran in to Sephora and saw, front and center, a display for their new eyeshadow line, called Prisma Chrome. These are supposedly high shine beautifully shimmery, almost holographic shadows. I purchased Sapphire Shine No 30. There are 10 beautiful colors to choose from and two brushes. The shadows run $16.00 each. I must tell you, I was so looking forward to wearing this shadow today. I guess I wanted it to brighten my spirits, so to speak. On the Sephora website they run $15.00 for some reason.  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P298740&categoryId=C17356&shouldPaginate=true

     

    100_9702100_9699100_9691100_9697

    This morning I got up, used my foundation, eyeshadow primer and the Sapphire Shine. My choice for primer was the Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which works just as well as the UD Primer Potion (but that is another blog entry all together!!!). I applied the shadow to the lower lid with a brush and used Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetic’s Jubilee under the brow. It made for a beautiful eye. I had the pictures all ready to go this morning, then my daughter got the camera and deleted them to take pictures of the dog. So I had to do them again this afternoon! It actually is a good thing because, as you can see the shadow really didn’t last as I had hoped. I am so disappointed. It wore off on the outer half of the eye, even with the primer and I had to reapply. I never have to reapply shadows. This is unusual and for the money I spent I am not happy. I gave you the link to all the colors. Would I purchase any of them again? I don’t think so based on this one test run. I will have to try it again, with a different primer I think. If anyone else has used these shadows I would love to hear your results!

     

    Source URL: http://makeupjunkee.blogspot.com/2011/12/sephora-prisma-chrome-eyeshadows.html
    Visit Makeup Junkie for Daily Updated Makeup Junkie Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment