THE 10 BEST BEAUTY ITEMS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

    I think you already know this, but the holiday season brings out my inner beauty nut. Beauty companies compete for our hard earned dollars with fabulous limited edition blockbuster sets that all of us fight to obtain by sometimes staying up late into the night (admit it, you have done this). Today I want to discuss my 10 favorite beauty items for the 2011 holiday season. You have gift cards and you want to spend them, am I right?

    100_9407100_9409100_5017100_5018100_8619100_8620100_8621

    First, let’s talk palettes. I have three palettes that I think are part of this holiday’s best offerings. Two are from Urban Decay. I am loving their Naked 2 palette (http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2011/12/yippee-urban-decay-does-follow-up-with.html) and their 15th Anniversary Set (http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2011/07/urban-decays-15th-anniversary-palette.html). I chose this over their Book of Shadows IV because of the newer shadows it had in it. Finally, the third set is a Too Faced kit that has almost everything in it, Too Faced Sweet Dreams (http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2011/11/too-faced-sweet-dreams-sephora.html), which is a Sephora exclusive.

    100_9617100_9616100_9612100_9615

    Other items I am think are particularly special right now are: MAC False Lashes (www.maccosmetics.com), $19.00. I am a huge fan of mascaras and I think this one really makes lashes look long and lovely. Usually I don’t promote hair care products very much, but there are times when I cannot wash my hair because I am not feeling well. I have found the ultimate dry shampoo. It is Oscar Blandi’s Invisible Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray, $23.00. A few sprays in and around the scalp and my hair is good to go for another day. And I have asked hair dressers many times, they keep telling me that constantly washing the hair can cause it to be too dry. I have mentioned before that my glowing skin is due to philosophy’s Microdelivery Mini Peel (http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2011/07/philosophys-microdelivery-mini-peel.html ), which used every day gives me the look of skin that is eternally 30ish!, $35.00 One other product I like from philosophy right now are their Miracle Worker Retinol pads that are applied in the evening. They come with a bottle of retinol that is poured over the pads and you use them up. Very nice! (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P254602&categoryId=C10462) $70.00

    imageimageimage

    I am also a big lipstick and lipgloss fanatic. This season I have been digging around looking for sets that have some great colors. Lorac has one that is only $25.00 and is available at Sephora.com (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P295483&categoryId=C106). It has six colors in it that have a good range. This would be great for that gift card you get! These next two items are not sets, but I have to include them because they are the best made lipsticks out right now. Illamasqua and Inglot both have wonderful lipsticks. I love Illamasqua for their color range and the pigmentation they have. These lipsticks are available at www.illamasqua.com or on www.sephora.com. Well worth the price. They are a little dry but you can wear lipbalm underneath to counteract that. As for Inglot, their lipsticks have a creaminess and pigmentation that are amazing but they are harder to come by. You have to either live near a store or order directly from www.inglotcosmetics.com. They also have a HUGE color selection. Both of these lines also have wonderful eyeshadows. I wanted to pick those but I really wanted to pick the palettes as gift items that you should get yourselves!

    Well, this is my pick for the best out for this holiday season. I hope you like it. If not, would love to hear what you have to add as your own. I know there are so many more products. I didn’t even get to talk pigments like OCC! I guess I will have to make another list soon…

    Source URL: http://makeupjunkee.blogspot.com/2011/12/10-best-beauty-items-this-holiday.html
    Visit Makeup Junkie for Daily Updated Makeup Junkie Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment