Makeup Great for Newbies and Beginners

    Hola Chicas!!  Hope you all are having a great Tuesday!  I'm a bit late with this review; however, better late than never!  I have another review from BornPretty Store for you.  So far I've reviewed cosmetics brushes, false eyelashes and nail polish.  Today I'm going to review their 12 set Shimmer Eyeshadow Collection and their Shimmer Glitter Liquid Eyeliner

    I was given the opportunity to review some more items from here and I thought let me give their loose eyeshadows and glitter eyeliners a try.  Here are my thoughts. 


    Wendy your famous!! =D
    The package comes with 9 loose eyeshadows (above) and 3 loose glitters (below).
    They come in a 3 gram jar w/o a shifter.  As you can see they are filled to the top with product.  What I don't like about the packaging is that the middle part (clear part where it says Wendy) of the screw on cap comes out.  You have to keep the cap upside down in order for the middle not to fall out.  I mean it's not a huge deal, but I think that's the only thing they could change.

    Swatches:
    
    Swatched on bare skin, no primer or base was used.
    The Low Down:
    The eyeshadows are very pretty, pigmented and last long.  No creasing or fading -of course I used an e/s primer or base.  I've never tried these alone so I can not tell you if they last long, crease or fade.  Out of the 9 e/s I had two matte colors and the rest were shimmery. 

    E/S colors:  Light Blue, Light Grey, Charcoal, Peachy Pink, Light Pink, Peachy Pink (matte), Medium Pink Purple, Peach (matte), Light Green.  I'm not best at describing colors, but you get the idea. =D

    Let's look at the glitters:
    
    Used false eyelash glue to hold the glitter for swatching.
    The glitters are pretty.  I received pink, purple and green.  If used with a good adhesive base they will last long.

    I think these are a great addition to my collection; however, this is collection would be awesome for a newbie or beginner who would like to try out loose e/s and/or play around with bright colors and glitter but not pay an arm and a leg for them.  You can't beat $5.59 for all 12 jars.

    Now lets look at the glitter liquid eyeliners.


     You get 6 different colors - Aqua, White, Light Green, Gold, Silver and Purple.  Of course it's cute packaging so that's a plus!
     What I love is the brush tip these eyeliners have.  I don't like felt tip liquid eyeliners so I was happy to see that these have a brush tip.

    Swatches:
    The ones that do "shine above the rest" are Aqua and Purple.  The rest all look Gold or Silver.  They are pigmented with glitter so a little goes a long way.  They do last long.  I used the silver on top of black liquid eyeliner and it looked pretty good.  Still this is not a bad deal because you do get 6 eyeliners for only $9.64 so again you can't beat that.

    Shipping is FREE worldwide!!

    Here are two looks I did using the E/S and Glitter Eyeliner:





    Overall Thoughts:
    I personally like that BornPretty Store has a little bit of everything for anyone.  You can get nail items, makeup, lashes, etc.. and for an affordable price too.  Check them out and I'm sure you'll find something for you!

    Don't forget to use my code to receive 10% off on your next purchase.
    
    Valid till December 31, 2011
    
    Thanks for reading!!  Till next time.....Stay Beautiful!!
    Source URL: http://makeupjunkee.blogspot.com/2011/10/makeup-great-for-newbies-and-beginners.html
    Visit Makeup Junkie for Daily Updated Makeup Junkie Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive