Question of the Day

    I am in desperate need of some make-up advice. My skin is horrible and now that the end of summer is here and I will be going for job interviews and hopefully working soon, I need to do something to make myself look a little less hideous. What should I use to help cover up the redness and blemishes? I have a Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and powder and I find that right after I use it, my face looks more even and presentable, but it doesn't last. I will try basically anything at this point.

    I would suggest that you try a primer, they help with keeping the makeup on a lot longer as well, Laura mercier's primer is actually fantastic as is Benefit's That Gal. Benefit's primer is skin brightening but I would say if you are already using a LM tint and powder, try the primer. 
    Also, sometimes only using a tinted moisturizer won't give you the proper amount of coverage as it is much lighter than a foundation and all it does is even out the skin tone. What I would suggest is getting a concealer and using that to help cover the redness and/or blemishes. If you start out with a bit of tinted moisturizer and then use the concealer on top of your tint it will give you a flawless and well-evened out look. Also the best way to apply your powder to ensure that your makeup will stay on is to pat it on rather than swirl it on. Using a bit of force with a less amount of powder will actually aid in better staying power than using more powder in a swirling motion.

    Thanks Oz,  Any tips on applying the primer to make it hold the makeup better?

    The best way to apply primer is to apply it after your moisturizer has set and also allow it time to set before you apply your tint. Just apply all over the face as you would your tint, using a brush if you have one or fingers, dont use a sponge as it will soak up a lot of it and it'll go to waste. If you dont have a foundation brush, you can get a good one for an affordable price at Shopper's Drug Mart, QUO. try that out and let me know how it goes.
    Source URL: http://makeupjunkee.blogspot.com/2009/08/question-of-day.html
    Visit Makeup Junkie for Daily Updated Makeup Junkie Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment