Darling Girl Cosmetics - Review, Swatches & FOTD

    Hola Chicas!!  I've heard about Darling Girl Cosmetics here and there; however, recently my little group of homegirls that I adore ♥ have finally convinced me to try indie cosmetics.  I was up in the air about them but let me tell you I don't think I'll be buying "high end" cosmetics that much anymore.  Let me show you why!!


    Ms. Susan from Darling Girl is super sweet!!  Here customer service is awesome!  She also interacts with her customers which is a plus!  Her logo is the cutest and as some of you know I'm a sucker for cute packaging!!

    I ordered the Blogger/Youtubers/Beauty Guru's Sample Pack

    What you get:

    5 Sample products (enough for several uses)
    Pick 1 lip product
    Pick 2 e/s or loose blushes

    Sample baggies come in a 2x2 zip lock baggie w/approx. 1/8 of a tsp of product

    Let me show you what I got from this pack. 
    All color descriptions are from the website cuz I suck at describing colors =p

     



    This is how my package came!! Love the Zebra print bag!
    It's awesome that she put a little handwritten "thank you" =D
      



    This is the way the sample pack is given to you! 
     



    These are the samples given to me.
    From Left to Right: Sugar Minuet, My Little Pony, Last Dance, Butterfly Flutterby, April Love
    It's awesome cuz she has the ingredients on the baggie for you!
    If you want detailed info you can go on her website and look up a color.
       



    With Flash
    



    W/O Flash
     Color Descriptions:

    Sugar Minuet is what I call a blackened blurple metallic with royal blue flecks.

    My Little Pony is a color morphing shade. At first glance it looks like a pale pastel lavender with green shift and aqua and pink iridescence, but hold it close to a light source and it takes on a coppery rose color.

    Butterfly Flutterby is a gorgeous lustrous aqua with lime green glitter.

    April Love is a beautiful lilac purple with subtle flecks of silver and blue shift, at first glance, but get it close to a light source and you will see a shift change to a vibrant violet

    Last Dance Liquid Kiss Luxe kind of reminds me of My Little Pony in gloss form. It's a pinky lavender with green shift and gold & bronze holo-shimmers.
    I also ordered the following items with the above blogger pack:

    



    I ordered 2 petites in Seabiscuit and Oceania (far right hand side)
    I received two samples with this order.
    Chasing Waterfalls & Danceteria (far left hand side)
    



    Petites come in a 3g jar w/approx. 1/4 of a tsp of product.

    



    With Flash

     



    W/O Flash
    
    Color Description:

    Seabiscuit is a stunning reddish brown metallic inspired by the beautiful coat of famous bay stallion Seabiscuit, who was best known for winning a race against 4:1 odds

    Oceania is a gorgeous iridescent royal blue with pretty rainbow shimmer

    Danceteria is not for the glitter shy! It's a super sparkly metallic silver with just a rainbow of glitter!

    Chasing Waterfalls icy cornflower blue with sprinkles of opalescent micro glitter

    Overall Thoughts
    All I can say is these eyeshadows are AMAZING!!  I have used them at least 6 times since I received my order about 2 1/2 weeks ago.  They are so pigmented and long lasting!  I've used e.l.f. e/s primer and NYX JP in different colors and these colors stayed on!  I didn't have any issues with creasing or fading which is awesome (I haven't tried these e/s with out primer or a base).

    The Liquid Kiss Luxe was awesome!  What I loved about it was when applied it went on smoothly on my lips and not goopy or thick.  What was also truly awesome about it was that it lasted a good 3 hours before I had to reapply.  When it started to lose it's texture, it left an tint on my lips.  I hope you all understand what I mean, but it was like I still had it on but I really didn't.  Like when you wear lipstick and it leaves like a hint of color on your lips after it starts to fade away.  I'm sorry I should of taken a picture so you all could understand, but anyways all I did was add some chapstick and I was set.

    If you have not tried indie companies I would recommend you start here at Darling Girl Cosmetics.  I know you will enjoy the colors.  She has tons of different colors and collections to choose from.  I plan on putting in another order tomorrow...when it's payday!!

    I give her 5 stars!!

    Here is a quick look I did using the e/s:


    



    Used:  My Little Pony (inner corner), April Love (outer corner blending up on the crease) and Sugar Minuet (outer corner)
    



    Pic taken with flash

    
    



    Pic taken with no flash and natural light
    
     
    



    Pic taken with no flash and natural light

    
    I hope you all try this company out and I have another awesome indie company review coming up next week!! Stay tuned!

    Till next time....Stay Beautiful!!
    Source URL: http://makeupjunkee.blogspot.com/2011/08/darling-girl-cosmetics-review-swatches.html
    Visit Makeup Junkie for Daily Updated Makeup Junkie Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment